By Armand Capart
This year St Andrews Charity Fashion Show is proud to be partnering with CanO Water, which provides a sustainable alternative to plastic water bottles. In addition to keeping you hydrated, CanO Water only uses aluminum cans, which are an infinitely more sustainable way to drink water than drinking from a more traditional plastic bottle. CanO Water was created in response to the approximately 8 million tonnes of plastic that end up in the ocean each year and the resulting profound impact it has on our environment. Their product is available in over 2000 retailers, Café’s and Hotels across the UK, Europe, and Asia in places such as Selfridges & Co and Tesco.
The company was founded by three friends from London after a trip to Thailand opened their eyes to the devastating effects that single-use plastics have on the world's oceans. This drove them to investigate sustainable solutions to single-use plastic bottles, leading to the creation of CanO Water.
After recognising the benefits of aluminium packaging, the three friends decided they would look at introducing a canned water alternative to the market. Not only are aluminium cans infinitely recyclable, but they can go from recycling bins to store shelves in under 60 days. The quality of water was also an important factor in their offering, so after figuring out a way to source the finest spring water from the Alps, the trio began raising awareness and building the brand.
The Aluminium Solution:
- Cans are among the lightest beverage containers to transport, reducing their transportation environmental footprint
- Approximately 75% of all aluminium ever produced since 1888 is still in current use
- The average aluminium can is made from 68% total recycled content, the highest of any drink containers
- The aluminium can is the only packaging material that more than covers its recycling cost, helping to further finance the collection of plastic and glass
- Cans provide longer shelf life by protecting the contents from light and air
The vision behind their work is to be part of change for the environment. Their true mission and goal is to remove single-use plastic packaging from our environment altogether by providing an alternative to the packaging's most common use so that it doesn't enter our oceans and landfills in the first place. By being a pioneer brand in the fight to remove 1 billion single-use plastic bottles, they inspire other brands and businesses to follow their lead in achieving this goal.
Look out for CanO Water products at FS|2021 events!